The No Such Thing as Bad Weather Vacation

Sunday, September 21, 2008

More Heli, Less Hiking

On our last day of hiking we moved around quite a bit. We started with Anthea’s a half-day, resoundingly alpine hike along a goat trail up to a high ridge, with great views of the Conrad Glacier, looking down at towering ice needles and into looming crevasses. Generally there are big horned sheep or mountain goats in this area but we suspect the weather was keeping them at lower elevations. From there we hopped in the helicopter to explore the ice caves at the edge of the Conrad Glacier. Finally we were whisked to the valley floor for a hike along the river Adventure Trail which included several zip line river crossings.

1 comment:

Todd said...

Photo 17:
Note my wet pant leg. This was taken shortly after I managed to have my spectacular slip / fall into a shallow stream captured on video by Christian. Mind you I slipped and fell while trying to open the chocolate bar Tim had just handed me. Happily I saved the chocolate so all was well.